The public gets another opportunity to comment on new Kentucky Horse Racing Commission regulations that would allow Instant Racing machines at the racetracks.
Follow TheHorse.com's coverage of the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games with daily news, blogs, video, and slideshows.
A filly from the first crop of Eclipse Award-winning grass male English Channel topped Day 12 of the 14-day Keeneland September yearling sale in Lexington Sept. 24. The filly sold for $110,000.
Zenyatta, who has won all 18 of her starts for owners Jerry and Ann Moss and trainer John Shirreffs, is among 14 fillies and mares nominated to the $250,000 Lady's Secret Stakes Presented by TVG (gr. I).
The U.S. House of Representatives has passed a bill that contains provisions that impact those buying Thoroughbreds or farm equipment this year and next, and President Obama signed it into law Sept. 27.
- By Tom LaMarra
Dennis Robinson, president and chief executive officer of the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority, was elected to the NTRA board of directors as the Eastern region racetrack representative.
- By Tom LaMarra
Widespread international simulcasts may be a goal of the United States horse racing industry, but it could be a pipedream unless numerous obstacles are overcome and there is a mindset change.
The 2,387 yearlings sold through Sept. 23 have generated $192,884,100. The gross last year for the entire auction was $191,859,200.
The Kentucky Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association is teaming up with Turfway Park Oct. 2 for an interactive fan appreciation day designed to emphasize the importance of Thoroughbred racing to Kentucky.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Ben's Cat Victorious in Return at Laurel
- Nyquist Gets First Look at Churchill Downs
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Minding Leads Sweep in One Thousand Guineas
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win
- Maurice, Chautauqua Victorious in Hong Kong