The public gets another opportunity to comment on new Kentucky Horse Racing Commission regulations that would allow Instant Racing machines at the racetracks.
Follow TheHorse.com's coverage of the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games with daily news, blogs, video, and slideshows.
A filly from the first crop of Eclipse Award-winning grass male English Channel topped Day 12 of the 14-day Keeneland September yearling sale in Lexington Sept. 24. The filly sold for $110,000.
Zenyatta, who has won all 18 of her starts for owners Jerry and Ann Moss and trainer John Shirreffs, is among 14 fillies and mares nominated to the $250,000 Lady's Secret Stakes Presented by TVG (gr. I).
The U.S. House of Representatives has passed a bill that contains provisions that impact those buying Thoroughbreds or farm equipment this year and next, and President Obama signed it into law Sept. 27.
- By Tom LaMarra
Dennis Robinson, president and chief executive officer of the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority, was elected to the NTRA board of directors as the Eastern region racetrack representative.
- By Tom LaMarra
Widespread international simulcasts may be a goal of the United States horse racing industry, but it could be a pipedream unless numerous obstacles are overcome and there is a mindset change.
The 2,387 yearlings sold through Sept. 23 have generated $192,884,100. The gross last year for the entire auction was $191,859,200.
The Kentucky Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association is teaming up with Turfway Park Oct. 2 for an interactive fan appreciation day designed to emphasize the importance of Thoroughbred racing to Kentucky.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- BC Classic Endgame for Gun Runner in 2017
- Knee Chip Knocks El Areeb Off Derby Trail
- Baffert Could Send Three to Santa Anita Derby
- Sheikh Mohammed 'Definitely' Plans to Hike DWC Purse
- Del Mar Altering Main Track Banking and Grading
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Averill's R Angel Katelyn Set for Florida Cup Day
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Olorda Brings Back Class to Orchid Stakes
- Federal Bills Aim to Increase Industry Participation