Total wagering remained close to last year's comparable figure while attendance and ontrack handle inched upward despite two rainy days through the fourth full week of racing at Saratoga.
The half brother to Australia group III winner Blackball brings Aust$222,000 ($196,431 in U.S. funds).
In her final workout in preparation for the Personal Ensign Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga, Rachel Alexandra breezed four furlongs Aug. 23 on the Oklahoma Training Track in :48.89.
Richard's Kid worked a quick half-mile in :46 4/5 at Del Mar on Aug. 23 as he continued to prep for a defense of his title in the Aug. 28 $1 million Pacific Classic Presented by TVG.
Del Mar reported an increase in average daily attendance and decrease in average daily handle for the first five weeks of its 2010 meet.
The $75,000 Phoenix Gold Cup and two stakes worth $50,000 each highlight the 38-race stakes schedule at Turf Paradise Race Course in Phoenix, Arizona.
A double wager linking the Aug. 28 Travers Stakes (gr. I) with the following day's Personal Ensign (gr. I) will be offered at Saratoga Race Course.
Closing Argument, among the leading second crop sires of 2010, has been purchased by a partnership including Millennium Farms and Bill Heiligbrodt.
The New York Racing Association announced Aug. 23 that the training title at Saratoga Race Course will be named in honor of Hall of Famer H. Allen Jerkens.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- Strike Charmer Bests Lady Eli in Ballston Spa
- Drefong Gallops Home to King's Bishop Score
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November
- Nyquist Begins Work for Pennsylvania Derby
- Calvin Borel Returns to Riding at Ellis Park
- Flintshire Dominant Again in Sword Dancer
- A.P. Indian Gets Second Grade I in Forego
- Cavorting on Top in Personal Ensign
- Haveyougoneaway Surges to Ballerina Win