At the annual meeting of the Breeders' Cup Board of Members and Trustees, Jerry Crawford and David Willmot were newly elected to the Breeders' Cup Board of Directors.
Jason Shandler looks at the Turf Division, dominated by Gio Ponti in 2009. Read Blog
Saratoga will hold a meet for the 142nd time beginning July 23 and opening weekend promises to be an exciting one with three graded stakes.
Ibboyee is the 4-5 morning-line choice for the $150,000 New York Derby at Finger Lakes Gaming and Racetrack July 17.
Hammer Time's Deirdre Biles reviews the results of the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky July select Yearling Sale. Read Blog
Thoroughbred breeder Audrey Haisfield, Stonewall Farm Stallions, and related entities have been sued by a bank for more than $7 million in outstanding loans, according to the Lexington Herald-Leader.
Due to power outages in the neighboring Averill Park community, Belmont Park in Elmont, N.Y., canceled live racing and simulcasting July 16.
Jockey Thomas Clifton won his 2,000th race on July 15 when he guided 2-year-old Dinny Dinosaur to victory in the first race at Penn National.
The Breeders' Cup is now accepting registration for a two-day handicapping tournament to be conducted during this year's World Championships on Nov. 5-6 at Churchill Downs.
Thoroughbred Charities of America has made two donations totaling $19,600 to the Grayson-Jockey Club Research Foundation.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Havre de Grace Half Sister Wins at Delaware
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- NY Regulators Tighten Underage Gambling Rules
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Colt is First Winner for Maclean's Music
- Beam Appointed to Ohio Fund Advisory Panel
- Centeno Recovering in Florida After Spill