Del Mar Thoroughbred Club announced June 18 that the California track and Pechanga Resort & Casino have entered into a partnership that will benefit customers of both venues, starting this summer.
A politically-wired lobbyist for a bidding group that initially won the development rights to the Aqueduct casino project was provided details about competitors' bids by the top Democrat in the New York state Senate.
Take Control, the $1.9 million 2-year-old who broke his maiden impressively at first asking but was sidelined before he could make it onto the Triple Crown trail, had his first recorded work in five months June 18.
Today, June 18 Keeneland President and CEO Nick Nicholson today announced that Bill Thomason, a long-time financial administrator and leader in the equine industry, will be the company's new Chief Financial Officer.
Lillie Langtry provided the Ballydoyle team with their first winner of the meeting when she turned in a dominating performance to capture the Coronation Stakes (Eng-I) by 1 1/4-lengths at Royal Ascot June 18.
Safely Kept, a champion sprinter and Breeders' Cup winner on the racetrack and later a multiple stakes producer, has been pensioned from broodmare duties.
A pair of colts with proven stakes credentials headline the $100,000 Mike Lee Stakes, the featured race at Belmont Park June 20. The Mike Lee is the first leg of the OTB Big Apple Triple.
Ernie Paragallo, the New York horse owner and breeder who was convicted of 33 misdemeanor counts of animal cruelty, was released from jail June 17 after posting bail.
Grade II winner Sharp Humor was represented by his first winner when his son Benedetti won at Camarero Race Track in Puerto Rico.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- CHRB Discusses Creating Single California Circuit
- Asmussen Earns $50,000 Preakness Weekend Bonus
- The Greatest Performance No One Has Seen
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Enola Gray, Illuminant Look Strong in Monrovia Field
- Freshman Flashpoint Gets His First Winner
- Maker a Triple Threat in AP Classic