Super Name Sweepstakes winner names Super Saver's half brother Superfection
It had been nearly 10 months, but on Friday morning 2009 Kentucky Derby winner Mine That Bird stepped back on the track where he became a household name in taking the Run for the Roses.
Denise (Boudrot) Hopkins, who won over 1,000 races while riding on the New England circuit, died May 19 at her farm in Grafton, Vt., due to a long illness. She was 57.
An original watercolor painted by Penny Chenery, whose Meadow Stable raced Secretariat and Riva Ridge, will be auctioned at the Belmont Bash on June 3.
In the latest developments for the June 5 Belmont Stakes (gr. I), Spangled Star has been added to the field for the 1 1/2-mile classic while New Madrid has been withdrawn from consideration.
As was announced May 20 by MI Developments, longtime Santa Anita Park general manager George Haines has been named interim president of the track and will oversee all of MID's California racing operations.
MI Developments intends to offer Thistledown, the Ohio racetrack near Cleveland, for sale during a May 25 auction in New York.
American breeders and sales companies now have access to India, a market that had been off-limits to U.S. horses for the last five years due to import restrictions.
Read what buyers and consignors had to say about the May 17 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic juvenile auction. Read Story
The California Horse Racing Board got an opportunity to address recent actions of the state's newest track owner, MI Developments, at its May 20 meeting.
As Breeders' Cup considers a future host site schedule complicated by recent actions in California, a Kentucky lawmaker has reiterated the state's favorable tax climate in hosting the World Championships.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- CHRB Discusses Creating Single California Circuit
- Asmussen Earns $50,000 Preakness Weekend Bonus
- The Greatest Performance No One Has Seen
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Enola Gray, Illuminant Look Strong in Monrovia Field
- Freshman Flashpoint Gets His First Winner
- Maker a Triple Threat in AP Classic