Gross, average, and median rise 23%, 14%, and 8%, respectively, while the buy-back rate falls, and a $650,000 Medaglia d'Oro filly sets a record for a female Thoroughbred sold at public auction in Maryland.
The Center for Equine Health at the University of California, Davis, has received a $3 million pledge from the William and Inez Mabie Family Foundation.
A swift Medaglia d'Oro filly established a record for a female Thoroughbred sold at public auction in Maryland when she brought $650,000 May 17 at the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic sale of 2-year-olds in training in Maryland.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association and Jockey Club have released their responses to two members of Congress requesting an update on steps the horse racing industry has taken to address equine health and safety. Read Responses
Atlantic City Race Course is again making a pitch to expand its racing days but says it needs several million dollars a year in additional purse money.
Bert Welker and Clark Shepherd have partnered to form Allied Bloodstock, a full-service Thoroughbred bloodstock operation located in Lexington.
Amazing Hearted, a Lion Hearted colt, brought $240,000 as the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic sale of 2-year-olds in training got under way May 17 in Timonium, Md.
The first two starters by grade I winner Mass Media raced against each other in a 4 1/2-furlong maiden special weight race for 2-year-old fillies at Calder Race Course May 15 and finished first and second.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- Hill Specialist Ambitious Brew Takes Eddie D.
- Postponed Clear Favorite in Arc de Triomphe
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- Tepin Works Half-Mile at Saratoga
- Charlton’s Abbotts Retiring on Own Terms
- NYRA Sanctioned for Aqueduct Water Pollution
- Suffolk Downs Applies for Six 2017 Race Dates
- Jockey Gallardo to Try Southern California