Pleasantly Perfect colt brings $260,000 while the gross and average fall 15.6% and 10.5%, respectively.
A. Carter Thornton, who owned Threave Main Stud near Paris, Ky., died April 18. He raised Kentucky Derby winners Gallahadion (1940) and Hoop, Jr. (1945), and prepped and sold Canonero II (1971).
The trainer's domination of the KY Derby preps is unprecedented. Read Blog
Elusive Quality, North America's leading sire the year his son Smarty Jones was voted champion 3-year-old male of 2004, will shuttle to Brazil for the second straight year.
Street Cry to stand at Darley Australia for $137,500, which is 25% higher than his 2009 stud fee of $110,000.
Horse of the Year Rachel Alexandra zipped six furlongs in a bullet 1:11.40 at Churchill Downs April 19 as the 4-year-old daughter of Medaglia d'Oro continues to prepare for a return to competition.
Evan Hammonds analyzes the final Kentucky Derby prep of the season, the Coolmore Lexington Stakes. Presented by Taylor Made Stallions.
In his first work over the track, William Mack and Robert Baker's Dublin sizzled five furlongs in :59.20 at Churchill Downs April 19 as he continues to work toward the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I).
- By Ron Mitchell
Zayat Stables has agreed to sell all of grade I winner and probable Kentucky Derby favorite Eskendereya this year under a bankruptcy reorganization plan that projects all creditors will be paid in full.
Improvements, which are scheduled to be completed in late June or early July include new seating, lighting, and colors.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Arrives at Los Alamitos
- Jaramillo Named to Ride Majesto in Derby
- Suddenbreakingnews to Have New Look in Derby
- Nyquist Another Big Score for Dennis O'Neill
- Nyquist Gets First Look at Churchill Downs
- Ben's Cat Victorious in Return at Laurel
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Lady Shipman Easy Winner in Belmont Return
- TOBA May Member of the Month
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning