Four youngsters worked a furlong in :09 4/5 at the March 19 under-tack preview of the March 22 Barretts selected 2-year-olds in training sale. Those were the fastest times of the day during the preview at Fairplex Park.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association announced March 19 that the NTRA Charities-Barbaro Memorial Fund has made three new disbursements to support laminitis research.
The Oregon Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association announced the state's champions of 2009 at the annual awards banquet March 13.
Barbaro's full brother could be one strong run away from the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I).
Dominguez, who swept every NYRA meet last year, is currently the nation's leading rider by number of wins for 2010.
A bill on West Virginia's 10-10-10 program, which offers purse supplements to in-state Thoroughbred owners, as well as breeders and stallion owners, awaits action by the governor.
D' Funnybone, trained by Rick Dutrow Jr., will go for his fourth grade II score March 20 at Gulfstream when he leads a field of nine in the Swale Stakes.
A Camarero Race Track bettor won the $4.9 million Poolpote for being the lone winning pick six ticket holder on March 15.
Join Jason Shandler and Tom LaMarra for a live chat this Friday, March 19th, from Noon - 1 p.m. EDT as they discuss this weekend's key prep races. Read Transcript!
Former assistant racing director at Pimlico Race Course was an industry legend for promoting and transforming the Preakness Stakes.
Republican Kentucky Sen. Damon Thayer spent more than an hour March 18 in a GOP caucus in an attempt to make a case for Instant Racing via statutory approval.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Albarado Fractures Ankle, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Pricey Filly Tops OBS Pinhook Prospects
- Dolphus Outruns Quality Field at Aqueduct
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- J Boys Echo Breezes Five Furlongs at Churchill
- Party Boat Upsets Fifty Five in Memories of Silver
- Imperative Repeats in Charles Town Classic
- Southern Ring Speeds to Whimsical Victory
- Collected Impresses Again in Californian