Stakes-winning Get Ready Bertie, in foal to Majestic Warrior, sold for $170,000 to headline the Nov. 15 session of the Keeneland November breeding stock sale.
Live racing at the nation's premier harness track would end under a recommendation from New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie's panel on the future of casinos and racetracks in the state.
Bernardini, who became the first freshman stallion in history to sire a grade I winner on dirt and a group I winner on turf, will stand in 2011 at Sheikh Mohammed's Darley near Lexington for $75,000.
Taylor Made Stallions has set 2011 fees for its roster of stallions, headlined by the fee for prominent sire Unbridled's Song, who will stand for $85,000 payable Nov. 1.
Graded stakes winner Double Honor will stand in 2011 at Chad and Tracey's McCallum's McCallum View Farm near Moriarty, N.M.
Another look at some of the issues of the day, post-Breeders' Cup. Read Blog
Forever Together, voted the 2008 champion turf female after winning the Emirates Airline Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf (gr. IT), has been retired from racing to become a broodmare for owner George Strawbridge Jr.
Portland Meadows will host the second XpressBet Jockey Challenge Nov. 29. It will feature four riders at the Oregon and four from Southern California.
Republican Ohio Gov.-elect John Kasich wants to study a plan to put video lottery terminals at the state's racetracks, a move that has the Ohio Lottery Commission in a holding pattern on the proposal.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa
- Alsvid Takes on Lord Nelson in Bing Crosby
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Bradester Towers Over Monmouth Cup Field
- Shuvee Class Drop for Grade I Winner Curalina
- Litfin at Large: Jim Dandy Saturday
- Mountaineer's Leading Trainer Suspended
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again