Nonsuch Bay, a grade I-winning mare in foal to A. P. Warrior, brought the top price of $210,000 during the Nov. 14 session of the Keeneland November Breeding Stock Sale in Lexington.
Anne's Beauty, a 2-year-old daughter of Artie Schiller, came from off the pace to nip odds-on favorite Nina Fever by a head in Woodbine's $149,047 Glorious Song Stakes Nov. 14.
Retired trainer Eric J. Longden, son of Hall of Fame jockey Johnny Longden, died Nov. 8 at his Carlsbad, Calif., home.
Longtime horseman D. Hal Griffitt died Oct. 29 after a long battle with PLS, a form of Lou Gehrig's disease.
British raider Snow Fairy, winner of the Investec Oaks (Eng-I) this summer, produced a decisive four-length win in Japan's $2.1 million Queen Elizabeth II Commemorative Cup (Jpn-I) at Kyoto Racecourse Nov. 14.
Buddy's Saint, a graded stakes winner at 2 that had been nearing a return to the races, broke down in a workout on the Belmont Park main track Nov. 14 and was euthanized, according to a statement released by the NYRA.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Curlin Colt Sells for $350,000 at F-T October
- Cinco Charlie to Spendthrift Farm
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Tapit Colt Late Withdrawal from F-T Sale
- Malibu Moon Filly Sells for $300,000 at F-T
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Inside the Magical Kingdom of Ballydoyle
- Positive Start to Fasig-Tipton October Sale
- Harzand to Aga Khan’s Gilltown Stud