Favored Pleasant Prince took the overland route in the $400,000 Oklahoma Derby at Remington Park Oct. 10, scoring a convincing four-length victory for his second win in three starts.
Multiple stakes winner winner Acoma added a first grade I victory to her record when she seized the lead coming off the turn for home en route to taking the $500,000 Spinster Stakes at Keeneland Oct. 10.
Rogue Romance, last on the turn for home, devoured his 11 juvenile rivals in the stretch to win as much the best in the $100,000 Bourbon Stakes (gr. IIIT) on the Keeneland turf Oct. 10.
Keeneland announced that beginning Wednesday, Oct. 13, post time for the first race will be 1:15 p.m. (ET) for the remainder of the fall meeting. Post time has previously been 1:05 p.m.
Quality Road headed Todd Pletcher's worktab at Belmont Park the morning of Oct. 10, breezing five furlongs in 1:01.06 in preparation for the Nov. 6 Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) at Churchill Downs.
Blue Laser, in his stakes debut for trainer Mark Casse, outlasted Rockin Heat and Classic Legacy over the long Woodbine stretch to win the $250,441 Grey Stakes (Can-III) by a half-length Oct. 10.
After being diagnosed with a non-contagious case of hepatitis Oct. 7, multiple grade I winner and Kentucky Derby (gr. I) finisher Devil May Care will skip the Nov. 5 Ladies Classic (gr. I) at Churchill Downs.
Wickedly Perfect, who earned an automatic berth in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) with her victory in the Oct. 8 Alcibiades Stakes at Keeneland, will have to skip the race due to a bone chip in her stifle.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses
- Outwork, Destin Turn in Final Derby Breezes
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- Olorda Front-Running Winner of Bewitch
- Lady Shipman Returns to U.S. In License Fee
- 3 Kentucky Derby Longshots to Consider
- Le Havre colt a Guineas sale pinhook coup
- Laoban Works Toward Preakness ... or Derby