Retired California trainer J.E. "Cotton" Tinsley was discovered dead Jan. 4, Daily Racing Form reported. Tinsley, who had been missing since New Year's Eve, was 81.
Unbridled Express, a grade I stakes-placed son of Unbridled's Song, has been retired from racing and will enter stud at Breakway Farm near Dillsboro, Ind.
The 35,000-square-foot structure is 2 1/2 stories tall.
ESPN's telecast of the 2009 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) has won the Media Eclipse Award for National Television - Live Racing. The Belmont Stakes program was aired on ABC on June 6, 2009 from Belmont Park.
The Japan Racing Association has announced that all JRA graded races will be open to foreign-trained horses starting in 2010.
Trainer Bruce Levine, currently at Gulfstream with a string of a dozen horses, took some time out from his Monday morning to answer five questions.
The trainer of Ledge's Monarchos, fourth-place finisher in the Dec. 19, 2009 Gowell Stakes at Turfway Park, has been suspended 30 days after the 2-year-old filly tested positive for the prohibited substance Clenbuterol.
Many Central Kentucky breeding operations holding open houses around the five-day Keeneland January Sale (Jan. 11-15). Farms in the Ocala, Fla., area will be open around the Jan. 19-20 OBS mixed sale
A trainer who allegedly left several Thoroughbred horses either dead or neglected at a Southern Ohio farm has been suspended by Kentucky stewards for "conduct detrimental to racing."
If you're reading this blog, then you've most likely been randomly selected to preview the new BloodHorse.com homepage. Read Blog
The American Horse Publications (AHP) is conducting an Equine Industry Survey to gauge participation trends in the U.S. equine industry. In addition, the survey seeks to gather information regarding the most important issues facing the industry.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017
- Three Chimneys Strikes Early for Orb Colt at $685,000
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Dodd's Tiznow Colt Attracting Attention at OBS
- Record Purses, Increased Handle at Oaklawn Park
- Ten Off-Track Thoroughbreds Expected for Rolex Kentucky
- Nichols Canyon Connections Pointing for Iroquois Bonus
- Capps' Death is Big Loss to Louisville Equine Program