Gross declines 44.8%, and median drops 25.9% from a year ago.
Steve Davidson and Randy Gullatt's Twin Creeks Farm went to $325,000 for Miss Catalyst, a stakes-winning daughter of Mr. Greeley, who tops the Jan. 11 session of the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale.
New York grade II winner J Be K will stand at Tom Simon's Vinery near Summerfield, Fla., for $3,000 stands and nurses.
Glasgow's Gold, the dam of grade I-winning millionaire Swift Temper, equaled the $300,000 high price so far at the Jan. 11 session of the Keeneland horses of all ages sale.
Mare was expected to be one of top sellers during Keeneland auction's first session.
Creditors of Magna Entertainment Corp. have apparently reached an agreement that will end the racetrack operating company's bankruptcy case.
Bert Welker, owner of Silverton Farm in Midway, Ky and former general manager of Stonewall Stallions, will operate his own sales agency this year under the name Welker Sales Agency.
The American Horse Council has released a new brochure entitled "Caregiver's Guide to Rehabilitating the Neglected Horse," instructing owners on how to care for neglected horses.
Here are several items trainers should include on their list of things to do.
The first foal by grade II winner Zanjero was born Jan. 8 at Clifton Farm. The foal is a filly out of Frangible.
A big bay mare by retired leading sire Storm Cat fetched the highest price as of mid-morning of the first session of the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale Jan. 11.
Churchill Downs Inc. is partnering with NBC Sports to televise three, one-hour programs of key prep races on the Triple Crown trail in 2010, it was announced Jan. 11.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa
- Curlin's Approval Stretches Out Handily in Royal Delta