Rachel Alexandra will not be running in the June 6 Belmont Stakes (gr. I), Jess Jackson, the co-owner of the filly announced May 29.
Belmont Park, host of the June 6 Belmont Stakes (gr. I), has received full accreditation from the National Thoroughbred Racing Association Safety and Integrity Alliance.
While Mine That Bird galloped as usual, the morning of Friday, May 29, was decidedly not business as usual for Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) and BlackBerry Preakness (gr. I) winner Rachel Alexandra at Churchill Downs.
Continued wet weather in the New York metropolitan area has left the final serious works of several contenders for the June 6 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) up in the air.
New York Thoroughbred Breeders, Inc. has donated a ceramic lawn jockey, painted with the silks of owner Jess Jackson's colors, to the fan-based organization ThoroFan, which will use the iconic image of racing to help raise money for the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation.
French-based sire Marchand de Sable died at Haras de Bernesq at age 19, according to a Racingpost.com report.
The Delaware Supreme Court said a proposed sports-betting lottery doesn't conflict with the state constitution.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association (NTRA) announced the Thoroughbred racetrack Belmont Park, home of the Belmont Stakes, has been fully accredited by the NTRA Safety and Integrity Alliance following a complete review of all racing operations at the facility. The Elmont, N.Y., racetrack is the third racing facility to be so designated by the Alli...
Vinery Stables' and Fox Hill Farm's Friesan Fire, who was made the favorite for this year's Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) after three consecutive graded stakes wins this spring, has been sidelined for a couple of months due to an injury.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- A Look Back at Gallant Fox's Arlington Classic
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- CHRB Discusses Creating Single California Circuit
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Asmussen Earns $50,000 Preakness Weekend Bonus
- The Greatest Performance No One Has Seen
- Enola Gray, Illuminant Look Strong in Monrovia Field
- Curlin Colt Sets Midlantic Record at $1.5 Million