IEAH Stables announced March 30 the completion of its purchase of a half-interest in Gotham Stakes (gr. III) winner I Want Revenge from David Lanzman. Mike Iavarone, president of IEAH, said Jeff Mullins will continue to train the colt.
Michael Paulson March 30 called a judge's ruling to remove him as the trustee of his father's living trust "without merit," and said he will appeal the decision.
Champion Stardom Bound and Hooh Why have put in their final works for the April 4 Ashland Stakes at Keeneland.
The parent company of Canterbury Park Racetrack reported a profit of $438,180 for 2008, which was a decline of more than 80% over the net income in 2007 for the Shakopee, Minn., racing entity.
With sale prices unsteady across the country, the juvenile market in the Southwest will be tested for the first time this year during the Fasig-Tipton Texas 2-year-olds in training sale March 31.
Unbridled Classy, a daughter of Be Like Mike, and an Officer filly each covered an eighth of a mile in :10 1/5, turning in the fastest works for the distance at Lone Star Park March 29 during the under-tack show for the Fasig-Tipton Texas sale of 2-year-olds in training.
The inaugural Magic Millions QTIS 600 yearling sale ended its two-day run March 30 in Australia with a gross of Aust$6,135,500 (approximately $4,261,166 in U.S. funds) for the 333 horses sold. The average price was Aust$18,424 ($12,796), and the clearance rate was 81%.
New Zealand Bloodstock (NZB) will open new office in Asia -- New Zealand Bloodstock Asia -- that will be headed up by New Zealand Bloodstock representative Michael Kneebone. Based in Singapore, Kneebone will provide New Zealand Bloodstock's full range of bloodstock services in the region.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- A Look Back at Gallant Fox's Arlington Classic
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- CHRB Discusses Creating Single California Circuit
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Asmussen Earns $50,000 Preakness Weekend Bonus
- The Greatest Performance No One Has Seen
- Enola Gray, Illuminant Look Strong in Monrovia Field
- Curlin Colt Sets Midlantic Record at $1.5 Million