New Zealand Bloodstock's festival yearling sale closed out its two-day run Feb. 2 in Karaka with a gross revenue of NZ$4,498,700 (approximately $2,291,233 in U.S. funds), which was down only 11.3% from last year's total of NZ$5,073,850.
Bold Executive, Canada's leading sire, has been named top stallion awards earner under the Canadian Thoroughbred Horse Society (Ontario Division) Stallion Awards Program, with his eligible progeny achieving the highest earnings of all OSS registered stallions in 2008.
The American Horse Council has announced that the focus of this year's National Issues forum will be the "Welfare of the Horse."
The focus of this year's American Horse Council National Issues Forum will be the "Welfare of the Horse." The forum will be held June 16 in Washington, D.C., as part of the AHC's annual meeting.
Talkin' Horses has always offered Thoroughbred fans and professionals an opportunity to pose questions to the people who make the headlines. Guests have included owners, trainers, jockeys, industry leaders, and newsmakers from around the world of Thoroughbred breeding and racing.
Either tracks like Gulfstream and Oaklawn are getting noticeably slower or the horses are. From all indications, it is the tracks, which is fine if they keep horses sounder. (See end of text for first official Top 30)
California's leading sire in 2008, Unusual Heat made his way to the top through the efforts of Barry Abrams and Madeline Auerbach.
Jerry Lambert, who rode Native Diver to three Hollywood Gold Cup wins, now uses his skills to train horses at Magali Farm.
Appreciation for the horses and the people around them have kept trainer David Hofmans at the top of the game.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- NY Proposes Sweeping Equine Drug, Record Rules
- Summer Front's First Foal is a Filly
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm