Last at the quarter-pole, Evita Argentina charged while extremely wide in the stretch to mow down the field and earn her first grade I win in the $300,000 La Brea Stakes at Santa Anita Dec. 26.
Crowd of 35,292 takes in two grade I races; Breeders' Cup Classic winner paraded and John Henry statue unveiled.
Grade I winner The Usual Q. T. rallied wide on the far turn to take the $100,000 Sir Beaufort Stakes (gr. IIIT) for his sixth consecutive win on opening day Dec. 26 at Santa Anita Park.
Three-year-old, sent off the even-money favorite, gets up to win in a photo.
Already having had the best season of racing as a 9-year-old, Cloudy's Knight put an exclamation point on 2009 with a 1 1/4-length victory Dec. 26 in the Calder's W.L. McKnight Handicap (gr. IIT).
Edmund Gann's 4-year-old colt rallies from last early to win seven-furlong Kenny Noe Jr. Handicap (gr. III).
Steve Haskin ranks the greatest training achievements for the years 2000 - 2009, both for a trainer with an individual horse and overall. Who's #1?
A variety of sarcoid and skin tumor treatments and management topics were discussed by veterinarians during a Table Topic at the 2009 American Association of Equine Practitioners (AAEP) Convention. All veterinarians in the room had treated skin tumors and were willing to discuss their successes and failures.
A simple, noninvasive urine test to diagnose cryptorchidism in horses that appear to have been castrated has been developed by a group of researchers from the Racing Laboratory at the Hong Kong Jockey Club.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Star Power - By Evan Hammonds
- Arrogate Smooth in Six Furlong Work
- Mshawish Tops Taylor Made Roster, For Now
- Orb Colt Tops Fasig-Tipton Second Session
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Handy Work at Remington for Texas Chrome
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- No Raise for NYRA Discretionary Spending
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill