In taking the Native Diver, Mast Track won for the first time since June 28, 2008 when he scored the Hollywood Gold Cup (gr. I).
The Louisiana Champions Day program at Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots Dec. 12 was cancelled after the eighth race due to hazardous weather, which included torrential rain and heavy winds.
Barry Schwartz's Rodman took advantage of an unexpectedly easy lead and was never seriously challenged while romping to a 5 3/4-length score in the $107,500 Queens County Handicap (gr. III) at Aqueduct Dec. 12.
Lee Eaton, the co-breeder of Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Bold Forbes, died Dec. 10 at his residence in Ft. Lauderdale, Fla. Eaton, 76, died of natural causes.
Lava Man has been scratched from the Native Diver Handicap due to poor weather conditions
The average price rose 27.5% from a year ago and the median price increased 33.3% during the Hong Kong International Sale.
Get a behind-the-scenes look at award-winning photographer Barbara D. Livingston as she recounts the inspiration for her latest project, Horses: In Living Color. Livingston traveled across North America in search of the most unusual and uniquely colored equines. The result is a breathtaking collection of more than 175 photos.
About 30% of lameness in horses is associated with foot problems, yet little research focuses on the biomechanics and function of the equine hoof. Researchers recently found slight differences in horses' hooves following exercise.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Named 2016 Longines World's Best Racehorse
- Smith Eagerly Awaits 'Chrome'-Arrogate Rematch
- Arrogate, California Chrome Meet Again in Pegasus
- Arrogate Celebrated as Longines World's Best Racehorse
- Lea Gets Bay Filly as First Foal
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - January 24, 2017
- Pegasus Features Several Unique Conditions
- Total of 418 3-year-olds Nominated to 2017 Triple Crown
- Behind Scenes of Arrogate’s World’s Best Ranking
- Champion Steeplechaser Rawnaq to Miss 2017 Season