The entries were taken and the post positions drawn this morning for Delta Downs Racetrack Casino and Hotel's richest program of the year.
Indygo Shiner, who is represented by four Argentine group I winners this year, will stand the 2009 breeding season at John Sikura's Hill 'n' Dale Farms near Lexington.
Sheikh Mohammed's bloodstock manager, John Ferguson, bought the most expensive horse at the Tattersalls December breeding stock sale for the second day in a row. He spent 1.7 million guineas for French listed winner Princesse Dansante (by King's Best) Dec. 2 in England.
Richard Thompson's Ballast has captured the Tropical Turf Handicap (gr. IIIT) the past two years, but his bid for a three-peat will not be easy, as the 7-year-old gelding will face an accomplished field of horses Dec. 6 in the $100,000 event at Calder Race Course.
The Kentucky Horse Racing Commission has scheduled a Dec. 3 hearing to consider the appeal of Dr. Rodney Stewart, who was suspended five years in September 2007 for multiple violations of the state's medication regulations.
The trainer and identifier involved in an incident in which the wrong horse ran in a Nov. 19 race at Beulah Park have been fined and suspended by the track's stewards.
Dixieland Band, sire of 115 stakes winners and the earners of $73 million, has been pensioned from stud duty at William S. Farish's Lane's End Farm near Versailles, Ky.
Mexico's Caliente Group, a veteran player in the simulcast racing industry, has improved its simulcast system with major technical upgrades.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Kitasan Black Faces 10 in Takarazuka Kinen
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- The Player to Return on Churchill's Closing Night
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture