Problems associated with having the necessary paperwork transferred in an efficient and timely matter for horses that move from state to state to compete were the focal point of discussion at the Dec. 15 meeting of the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission.
California Horse Racing Board chairman Richard Shapiro announced his resignation Dec. 15 during a meeting of the board at Santa Anita Park.
Kentucky horse racing and breeding industries are losing ground to other states, and if immediate action is not taken to stem the tide, the state could find itself in jeopardy of losing one of its signature industries, according to a 70-plus-page document released Dec. 15 by the Governor's Task Force on the Future of Horse Racing.
- By Esther Marr
Many Thoroughbred farm workers consider themselves lucky if they played a part in buying, selling, or raising at least a couple successful horses throughout their careers.
TwinSpires.com, the advance deposit wagering service for Churchill Downs Inc. has rescheduled its "Biggest Vegas Qualifier Ever" online handicapping contest for Jan. 3, 2009.
Two days following a Dec. 8 report that a Standardbred had tested positive at a Delaware training center, blood and nasal swab samples were collected from all horses in the quarantined barn and submitted to the University of Kentucky for PCR testing to detect the disease.
For the fifth time this century, Khalid Abdullah's Juddmonte Farms has won the Queen's Silver Cup awarded to the leading British-based breeder (flat) who has accrued the most prize money in Great Britain and Ireland from mares normally resident in the United Kingdom.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- Farrell Vaults to Top of Kentucky Oaks Leaderboard
- Irish War Cry Ticks All the Boxes in Five-Furlong Work
- Winx Soars to Fifteenth Straight Win
- Yorkiepoo Princess Scores Again at Aqueduct
- Unified Edges Mind Your Biscuits in GP Sprint
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Honorable Duty Holds Strong in Mineshaft Handicap
- Veteran Kentucky-Based Hot Walker Roche Dies at 91