Getting a patented rail-skimming ride from Calvin Borel, Miss Isella won Thursday's 93rd running of the $169,800 Falls City Handicap (gr. II) by a length over Skylighter on Thanksgiving Day at Churchill Downs.
Stone Farm's Wanderin Boy tops the 20th running of the grade I, $300,000 Hill 'n' Dale Cigar Mile at Aqueduct Nov. 29 as Hall of Fame trainer Nick Zito attempts a rare double: winning graded stakes with 7-year-olds on consecutive days.
While the grade I, $300,000 Cigar Mile is the premier feature on the Nov. 29 card at Aqueduct, 2-year-olds will also be in the spotlight with the 87th renewal of the Demoiselle (gr. II) for fillies and the 95th running of the Remsen (gr. II) for juvenile colts and geldings.
There were three six-figure lots as trade stepped up a gear at the Nov. 27 third foal session of the Tattersalls December Sale in Newmarket. The day's top price of 180,000 guineas was paid by pinhooker Timmy Hyde of Camas Park Stud in Co Tipperary Ireland for a Galileo colt.
Fabulous Strike, carrying high weight of 136 pounds, led from start to finish for a 1 1/2-length triumph in the $111,200 Fall Highweight Handicap, the Thanksgiving Day feature at Aqueduct.
Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile winner Albertus Maximus will be aimed at the Dubai World Cup program after recently being acquired by Sheikh Hamdan's American-based Shadwell Stable.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate, California Chrome Meet Again in Pegasus
- NYSGC Suspends Jockey Agent Gonzalez for 10 Years
- Trainer Chad Brown Finally Lands His Knockout
- Semper Fortis Takes Ralis' Spot in Pegasus World Cup
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- Keen Ice to Calumet Upon Retirement
- American Lion Gelding, Overdriven Filly Top OBS Works
- Beautyinthepulpit to New York's Buckridge Farm
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work