The gross revenue fell 50.8%, but the average rose 27.9% Monday during the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic winter mixed sale in Maryland.
Grade I winner Circular Quay kicks off his 3-year-old campaign by heading a full field of 14 sophomores named to the $300,000 grade III Risen Star Stakes at Fair Grounds.
Ra Ra Superstar, who has the same sire and is from the same female family as major stallion Awesome Again, will enter stud at Drs. Ken and Linda Quirk's Q6 Ranch near Salado, Texas.
Due to increased interest in the Feb. 3 issue of The Blood-Horse with Barbaro on the cover, Blood-Horse Publications printed additional copies of the magazine that were offered on a single copy basis.
The Kentucky Equine Education Project, Kentucky Horse Council, and the Race for Education have announced a joint effort to promote Kentucky's equine scholarships.
Citing inclement weather, Mountaineer Park in Chester, West Virginia cancelled live racing for Monday and Tuesday, Feb. 5-6.
John Oxley's grade II winner Strong Contender, scratched as the second-choice the morning of the Feb. 3 Donn Handicap (gr. I) at Gulfstream Park, has been retired from racing because of an injury.
Blood-Horse Publications has announced that Eric Mitchell has accepted the newly-created position of executive editor of Digital Media for The Blood-Horse.
Ireland's 2007 Finance Bill, unveiled in the Irish Parliament on Feb. 1, will end the exemption from tax that Irish stallions have enjoyed since 1969, effective July 31, 2008.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Limousine Liberal Seeks Graded Score in Smile
- Recruiting Ready Signs on for Bashford Manor
- Evangeline Downs Hosts LA Legends Night