The Kentucky Horse Racing Authority supports the regulation of anabolic steroids in racehorses in the state, and took the first step toward drafting and adopting the revised model rule offered by the Association of Racing Commissioners International and Racing Medication and Testing Consortium during a Dec. 17 meeting.
Stakes winner Dynameaux sired his first winner when the two-year-old filly Dynamic Cowgirl split foes at the three-sixteenths pole, and kicked clear of rivals to post a 1 1/2 length score in a $14,500 maiden special weight for state-breds at Sam Houston Race Park on December 16.
- By Tom Precious
A state government panel Dec. 17 approved letting the New York Racing Association continue running racing on a temporary basis until officials can agree on a new franchise-holder for Aqueduct, Belmont Park, and Saratoga.
Healthy trade marked the first day of the December flat sale at Tattersalls in Ireland, during which 93 horses in training and yearlings were sold for 597,300 euros (about $859,331), with a clearance rate of 55%, an average of 6,423 euros (about $9,240), and a median of 3,000 euros(about $4,315).
The Kentucky Horse Racing Authority will form a subcommittee to investigate an incident in which wagering on a Fair Grounds race at Keeneland remained available while a race was in progress, officials said Dec. 17.
Finding the winner's circle at Hawthorne Park on Dec. 1 was like reaching the summit of Mt. Everest for Sylvia Harris. On that day, when the 40-year-old apprentice jockey captured her first win, Harris fulfilled a lifelong dream and shook off the weight of 20 years of struggle and hardship. She also became a part of horse racing's history as one of only a handful of winning female African-American jockeys and the first one at Hawthorne.
The Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. will conduct its winter mixed sale Jan. 16-18, 2008.
Santa Anita Park's renovation of its Cushion Track to improve drainage encountered further delays as rain threatened the Southern California area, but track president Ron Charles said Dec. 16 horses could be back training by Dec. 19.
- Thoroughbred Breeding, Northeast Region, Midwest Region, Southeast Region, Southwest Region, West Region
Hold That Tiger, 10th on the first-crop sires list by progeny earnings, is scheduled to stand at Alain Regnier's Haras de la Haie Neuve in France.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Hope Floats for Hoppertunity in Dubai World Cup
- Ashleyluvssugar, Texas Ryano Reunite in San Luis Rey
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Mastery to Claiborne Farm Upon Retirement
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Conquest Mo Money Carries Local Hopes in Sunland Derby
- Gun Runner Brings Consistent Class to World Cup Stage