Front-running Daytona wasn't supposed to be able to take the field all the way in the 1 1/4-mile Hollywood Derby, but nobody told jockey Mike Smith. They controlled the pace to win the $500,000 turf test for 3-year-olds, defeating Medici Code by a half-length at Hollywood Park Nov. 25.
Precious Kitten provided the best performance of her career when she turned back champion filly Wait a While in the stretch en route to a convincing 1 1/4-length victory in the $500,000 Matriarch (gr. IT) on the Hollywood Park turf Nov. 25.
The Goffs November Broodmares & Fillies Sale in Ireland ended on Sunday, November 25 after three days with the figures down throughout.
Jockey Elvis Trujillo was taken to Memorial Regional Hospital in Hollywood, Fla. after falling from his mount in the eighth race at Calder Nov. 25. Paramedics said there were no apparent injuries, but the 24-year-old rider was taken to the hospital for further evaluation.
It took My List eight tries just to break her maiden last year. But since then the 3-year-old Banker's Gold filly has figured out how to win, as was the case on Nov. 25 in the $150,000 Bessarabian, when she outfinished Wild Gams by a neck to capture the seven-furlong sprint on the Woodbine Polytrack.
Admire Moon took the lead at the top of the stretch, and then hung on bravely while three rivals challenged from his outside, taking the $4.6-million Japan Cup (Jpn-I) by a head on Nov. 25 at Tokyo Racecourse.
Horse Greeley, winner of the 2006 Del Mar Futurity (gr. II), is preparing for a return to the races and could start in the Malibu Stakes (gr. I) on Dec. 26.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Reflects on Arrogate's Travers Romp
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- Drefong's Win a Boost for Machmer Hall
- Tepin Fires Bullet on Oklahoma Training Track
- Cavorting to Distaff, Mohaymen Gets Time Off
- Monmouth Gets Donation, Alters Shipper Policy
- Arrogate's Romp Enhances Half Sister's Value
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November
- Three Rules Hopes to Keep Win Streak Alive
- Stryker Phd Star of Washington Cup Day