Stronach Stables' homebred Citronnade was left alone on an easy lead and spurted away from her rivals in the stretch to win the $150,000 San Gorgonio Handicap (gr. IIT) for fillies and mares by three lengths Sunday on the Santa Anita Park turf course.
Buffalo Man kicked off his 3-year-old season successfully at Gulfstream Park Sunday, taking the lead at the top of the stretch and prevailing by one length in the $77,750 Spectacular Bid.
Zayat Stables' odds-on choice E Z Warrior, making his first appearance in more than six months, remained unbeaten in three starts for trainer Bob Baffert with a measured front-running victory in the $80,000 San Miguel for 3-year-olds at Santa Anita Park on Sunday.
Likely Horse of the Year Invasor, winner of the Breeders' Cup Classic - Powered by Dodge (gr. I) is on target for the $500,000 Donn Handicap (gr. I) at Gulfstream Park after a four-furlong breeze at unseasonably warm Belmont Park Sunday.
Highly rated 3-year-old Nobiz Like Shobiz was out for his second workout of the year Sunday at Gulfstream Park for trainer Barclay Tagg in preparation for his anticipated 2007 debut in the $100,000 Holy Bull (gr. III) over the south Florida track Feb. 3.
The owner of Kentucky Derby winner Barbaro said a new cast placed on the left hind leg of the classic winner will not affect his mobility or plans to be relocated soon.
- By Tom LaMarra
It appeared a dispute over simulcast rates would keep the Gulfstream Park signal out of New York off-track betting parlors through at least the first weekend of racing at the South Florida track.
A state-imposed quarantine on most horses stabled at Florida's Payson Park Training Center was lifted Friday, Jan. 5, as the recent outbreak of equine herpesvirus-1 continued to abate.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Record Tiznow Colt Lives Up to Expectations
- Animal Kingdom's First N. Hemisphere Starter Wins Big
- Tiznow Colt Brings $2.45 Million at OBS
- Derby, Oaks Notes from Churchill Downs, April 27
- Paradise Woods Records Final Work for Kentucky Oaks
- Santa Anita Officials Confident Future Cards Will Fill
- Pletcher Considering Royal Ascot for American Patriot
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Union Rags Colt Goes for $1 Million at OBS