Michael Corbin has been named to the new position of vice president of finance for Delaware North Companies Gaming & Entertainment, which is expanding from a racing company to a full-scale hospitality company.
Carl Hanford, trainer of five-time Horse of the Year Kelso; Kentucky Derby and Belmont Stakes winning jockey Bill Boland; and Cougar II, a turf champion who was also adept on dirt, have been elected to the National Museum of Racing's Hall of Fame.
The tears for Barbaro have all been shed, and now people around the world anxiously await each daily report on the colt's condition. It's been more than a week since Barbaro's horrific injury in the Preakness Stakes (gr. I), which set off an outpouring of emotion on a national scale never before seen in Thoroughbred racing.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park
- Friesan Fire Colt Tops Midlantic at $825,000
- Fast Uncle Mo Filly Tops F-T Midlantic Sale
- Exaggerator, Nyquist Set for Belmont Rematch
- Exaggerator Turns the Tables, Wins Preakness