Stewards at Los Alamitos suspended jockey Alex Bautista for 30 days following his unexcused absence the evening of Nov. 30 when he was scheduled to ride seven horses on the nine-race program.
A colt from the first crop of Wood Memorial (gr. I) winner Tapit and a weanling colt by Two Punch topped Monday's closing session of the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic December sale.
The successes of David Junior and Red Rocks this year earned Brian Meehan the International Trainer of the Year Award at the 40th Derby Awards, held by the Horserace Writers & Photographers Association in London, England, Dec. 4.
Members of the Racing Medication and Testing Consortium are expected to recommend regulation of anabolic steroids in racehorses, but the timetable for the regulations remains up in the air.
Heart's Cry, the sole horse to beat star performer Deep Impact in Japan, has been retired from racing to stand at the Yoshida family's Shadai Stallion Station on the island of Hokkaido.
ReRun, the non-profit Thoroughbred adoption group, announced Dec. 4 that it has placed 30 Moneigh paintings by racehorses in its annual holiday auction on eBay. The auction will run between Dec. 3-10.
Grade I winner Forbidden Apple was represented by his first winner when his son, Forbidden Bear, won Nov. 30 at Woodbine.
Irish stallion Invincible Spirit has set the record for 2-year-old winners from a single crop.
A sale record was set at Arqana's December sale at Deauville during the opening session Dec. 2, when the mare Mandalara (Lahib - Madiriya by Diesis) was sold for 1.7 million euros (about $2,255,169) to Japanese agent Nobutaka Tada.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Record Tiznow Colt Lives Up to Expectations
- Animal Kingdom's First N. Hemisphere Starter Wins Big
- Tiznow Colt Brings $2.45 Million at OBS
- Strong Gains at OBS Session Led by Record Tiznow Colt
- Derby, Oaks Notes from Churchill Downs, April 27
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Santa Anita Officials Confident Future Cards Will Fill
- Paradise Woods Records Final Work for Kentucky Oaks
- Pletcher Considering Royal Ascot for American Patriot