With less than one week remaining until the start of the 2007 racing season, officials at Gulfstream Park said they would not grant access to the 10 jockeys banned from other tracks this month.
The famous cerise, black and white colors of Louis E. Wolfson's Harbor View Farm were back in the winner's circle Dec. 24 at Calder Race Course.
Dancing Edie, winner of the 2006 John C. Mabee Handicap (gr. IT), is being given a break from racing and is unlikely to run until the 2007 Hollywood Park meeting, according to trainer Craig Dollase.
- By Ryan Conley
Barring an always-possible turn of events, the recent outbreak of equine herpesvirus (EHV-1) in Florida might have a minimal impact on the state's racetracks.
Too Much Bling, one of the year's top 3-year-old sprinters, has been purchased by Audrey Haisfield's Stonewall Farm Stallions for stallion duty at Becky Thomas' Sequel Stallions near Ocala, Fla.
Victory by Latent Heat in the Dec. 26 Malibu Stakes (gr. I) topped off a banner year for Pin Oak Stud stallion Maria's Mon.
With an outbreak of equine herpesvirus impacting the Florida horse community, the following are recommendations pertaining to vaccinations for EHV-1.
- By Tom LaMarra
Alex Waldrop, former president of Churchill Downs, has been appointed president and chief executive officer of the National Thoroughbred Racing Association. In addition, Turfway Park president Bob Elliston was appointed the first executive chairman of the organization.
- By Tom LaMarra
The Florida Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association is contributing $23,000 to the Permanently Disabled Jockeys Fund, but not without voicing displeasure with the Jockeys' Guild.
Multiple grade I winner Fleet Indian, who was injured during the stretch run of the Emirates Airline Breeders' Cup Distaff (gr. I), has been booked to Overbrook Farm stallion Storm Cat.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Headed to Dubai World Cup
- Five Share Fastest Time in Fasig-Tipton Sale Works
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Prominent Ohio Breeder George Smith Dies at 84
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Finger Lakes Season Could be on Line at Feb. 27 Meeting
- Unique Bella Tops Roster of 109 Kentucky Oaks Nominees
- Looking East, to Far East, for Classic Starters
- Willy North Returns to Sales Scene at Fasig-Tipton
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death