The scene at the New Bolton Center was right out of Dickens' "A Christmas Carol." Just looking at the Christmas decorations, presents, and cards for Barbaro posted all over the lobby, and feeling all the caring and love that abounds, all that is missing is Tiny Tim throwing away his crutch and toasting, "God bless us, everyone."
Teuflesberg took the lead in the stretch and captured a 2 3/4-length victory in the $75,000 Sugar Bowl Stakes for 2-year-olds, the Christmas Eve feature Sunday at Fair Grounds.
Deep Impact demolished a field of Japan's best horses to record his seventh grade I win and end his career on a tremendous high in the Arima Kinen Sunday over 2,500 meters at Nakayama racecourse.
Stakes winner Holy Ground, a half-brother to Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) winner Barbaro, will enter stud at Arthur I. Appleton's Bridlewood Farm near Ocala, Fla.
Progress in racing's war on drugs started with a report in August 2000 from the National Thoroughbred Racing Association's Task Force on Racing Integrity and Drug Testing at The Jockey Club Round Table in Saratoga Springs, N.Y. The following year, the American Association of Equine Practitioners organized a "medication summit" held in conjunction with the...
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Has Final Work for Haskell
- American Pharoah Will Dictate Race Schedule
- One-Fifth Curlin Share Surpasses $6 Million
- Breaking Lucky Surprises in Prince of Wales
- Frac Daddy Retired With Suspensory Strain
- CDI Plans to Demolish Calder Grandstand
- Small Farm Yields Big Returns for Smith
- Sprint Champ, Commanding Curve Spice Stakes
- It's Wait and See for Large WV Derby Field
- Slideshow: 2015 Racing Hall of Fame
Most Popular Profiles
Trainer: Steven M. Asmussen
Owner: Stonestreet Stables, McCormick, Harold
Jockey: Calvin H. Borel
Trainer: Bob Baffert
Owner: Zayat Stables, LLC, Moreno, Mike and Moreno, Tiffany
Jockey: Mike E. Smith
Trainer: Art Sherman
Owner: Coburn, Steven and Martin, Perry
Jockey: Victor Espinoza
Trainer: Christophe Clement
Owner: Speedway Stable LLC
Jockey: John R. Velazquez