Jockey Fernando Jara and agent Randy Romero will officially part ways on Dec. 17 after Jara paid Romero $15,000 to be released from his contract, Romero said Saturday afternoon from his home in Louisville, Ky.
Stormello rebounded from a disappointing try in the Bessemer Trust Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) six weeks ago to capture the $441,500 Hollywood Futurity (gr. I) in a gutsy effort Saturday.
The catalog for the 2007 Barretts January Mixed Sale to be held Jan. 22-23 is now online and will be mailed soon.
- By Claire Novak
Trainer Scott Lake, who currently leads the nation with 528 wins for the year, and two-time Eclipse Award winner Todd Pletcher, who leads in earnings with a record-setting $27,427,878, are both to begin serving suspensions for medication infractions during the month of December.
When pacesetter Bob's Proud Moment faltered in the final eighth of a mile of the off the turf $200,000 W.L. McKnight Handicap (gr. III) Saturday at sloppy Calder Race Course, Devil's Preacher was there to take full advantage, rallying late to win the 1 1/2-mile marathon.
Live Oak Plantation's favored Hesanoldsalt repelled a mid-stretch challenge from Rehoboth and Dry Martini to secure his first stakes victory in the $100,000 Fred W. Hooper Handicap (gr. III) on a sloppy track at Calder Race Course Saturday.
Calder specialist Weigelia wrestled the early lead from How's Your Halo and was never challenged through the stretch en route to an easy victory in the $100,000 Kenny Noe Jr. Handicap (gr. III) over a sloppy track at seven furlongs Saturday.
The Argentine-bred Safari Queen wasn't hindered in the least when Saturday's $200,000 La Prevoyante Handicap (gr. III) was switched from the turf to a sloppy Calder main track, cruising to a front-running victory for trainer Todd Pletcher.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- New York Lawmakers Question Cuomo's NYRA Plans
- Bahamian Squall's First Foal is a Colt
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Recalling World's Most Lucrative Races
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- Lane to Join The National Stud as New Stud Manager