All horses trained by Mike Mitchell will run out of the detention barn for a period of 45 days that begins with those entered for Dec. 17, Hollywood Park announced, after a horse under his care exceeded the permitted total carbon dioxide level.
Governor Ernie Fletcher signed an emergency regulation Dec. 15 to implement the Kentucky Horse Breeders' Incentive Fund, which will encourage and support excellence in non-race breeds in the commonwealth.
Andy Kure, head of the simulcasting department for Magna Entertainment and Santa Anita Park, died Thursday due to complications from cancer.
Spooky Mulder, a winner of 28 of 70 lifetime starts and nearly $800,000, will try once again -- for the 16th time -- to scare up his first graded stakes victory in Saturday's $100,000 Gravesend Handicap (gr. IIT) at Aqueduct.
The Claiming Crown, to be held for the first time at Ellis Park in western Kentucky, has been scheduled for Aug. 4, officials said.
Retired Hall of Fame trainer Flint "Scotty" Schulhofer died Dec. 14 at Aventura Hospital in South Florida. He was 80.
The Racetrack Chaplaincy of America has launched "White Horse Riders," a group of specially trained RTCA chaplains who will deploy to assist racing-related victims during disasters in areas where racing workers and racetracks are adversely affected.
The California Horse Racing Board has filed complaints against trainers Art Sherman and Wesley Ward for medication violations.
Bernie Hettel, a former executive director of and chief steward for the Kentucky Racing Commission, will serve as a judge during the upcoming Gulfstream Park meet.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Gun Runner Powers to Easy Stephen Foster Win
- Paco Lopez Sent to Hospital After Paddock Accident
- McCraken Back to His Old Self in Matt Winn
- Heavy Rain Forces Belmont Park Cancellation
- Forever Unbridled Makes Triumphant Return
- Sircat Sally Remains Undefeated With Honeymoon Win
- Kasaqui Ends Six-Race Skid With Decisive Wise Dan Score
- Faypien Edges Mopotism in Summertime Oaks
- Monmouth Park Bans Shipping to Suffolk Downs
- Unique Bella Nears Return to Training