Saint Stephen became the latest to make a successful switch from the turf to Hollywood Park's Cushion Track, taking advantage of a quick pace to register a late-running score in the $100,000 Native Diver Handicap (gr. III) Sunday.
Marsh Side kept his perfect Polytrack record intact by taking Sunday's $125,000 Valedictory Stakes on closing day of the 2006 season at Woodbine under meet riding champion Emma-Jayne Wilson.
The average and median prices both increased while the buy-back rate dropped Sunday during the Fasig-Tipton Texas December mixed sale at Lone Star Park.
Nail-biting finishes defined this year's Cathay Pacific Hong Kong International Races Sunday at Sha Tin Racecourse. France's Pride closed out her career stylishly by holding off the closing Admire Moon by a short head in the Hong Kong Cup (HK-I) after Great Britain's Collier Hill edged Kastoria by a nose in the Hong Kong Vase (HK-I) and Hong Kong's The Duke narrowly lasted by a head over Armada in the Mile (HK-I).
Stewards have revealed that the drug in Takeover Target, who was ordered scratched from the HK$20 million Hong Kong Cup, contained 17 parts alpha-hydroxyprogesterone hexonate. This showed up the day the horse arrived in Hong Kong from Japan in early November and again in four subsequent checks.
Ivan Denisovich, an English group II winner by Danehill, has been retired for stallion duty to John Magnier and partners' Coolmore Stud in Ireland.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Brings Baffert Back to World Cup
- Litfin at Large: Getting Handle on Dubai World Cup Card
- Zulu Seeks Skip Away Rebound
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Arnold Believes Spiral is Good Spot for Convict Pike
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial
- Hope Floats for Hoppertunity in Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Three Stakes Highlight Los Alamitos Summer Meet