Jay Manoogian's millionaire Kela, a grade I winner and runner-up in the 2004 Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I), has been retired from racing because of an ankle chip.
The Kentucky Horse Racing Authority is reviewing the wearing of advertising by some jockeys in the May 7 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) that wasn't approved by the regulatory agency or Churchill Downs. Included is jockey Jeremy Rose, who finished third aboard Afleet Alex.
With Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Giacomo scheduled to ship to Pimlico on Wednesday, May 18, the field the Holy Bull colt will face in the May 21 Preakness Stakes (gr. I) is taking shape.
Bucking many national trends, Tampa Bay Downs concluded its 94-day season Sunday with increases in major business categories of wagering, attendance, and purses.
Matching Giacomo's unbelievable victory in Saturday's Kentucky Derby (gr. I) at 50-1 was Christopher Hertzog's loss of his $864,253 Derby Superfecta ticket Saturday and then having it found 24 hours later at Turf Paradise racetrack in Phoenix, Arizona.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Dutchess Views Lowers Fee for Big Brown
- NY Again Considers Continuing Ed for Trainers
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Firing Line to Crestwood
- Able Friend Out to Regain Hong Kong Glory
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Retired Valet Ward Dies in Kentucky
- Resilient Humor Debut Winner for Sassy Image