Due to a serious tote system failure Saturday night, Woodbine Entertainment refunded all wagers from the final eight live standardbred races from Woodbine and over 60 races from the evening's simulcast menu.
Joseph Allen's homebred Ecclesiastic ended a 10-race losing streak when he swept past favored Old Forester in deep stretch to win the $111,600 Jaipur Handicap (gr. IIIT) by a head on the Belmont Park turf.
Sea Gull Associates' Toll Taker, the odds-on choice in a field of just three 3-year-old fillies, was all heart on the front end to finish a neck in front of Pleasant Lyrics in the $136,500 Boiling Springs Stakes at Monmouth Park Sunday.
Le Cinquieme Essai, with Steve Bahen aboard, held off longshot Tusayan down the stretch, to capture the $150,400 Connaught Cup Stakes (Can-III) Sunday at Woodbine.
Maylou Whitney and her husband, John Hendrickson, who won the grade I Belmont Stakes and Travers last year and the Kentucky Oaks in 2003, have hired Nick Zito assistant Reynaldo Abreu as their private trainer.
Thirty-seven stakes winners, including Cigar Mile (gr. I) champ Lion Tamer, were among the 48 horses entered for Monday's seventh annual Lone Star Million at Lone Star Park in Grand Prairie, Texas.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Gainesway Colts Among Hips to Watch
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Lightstream Rallies to Win Raven Run
- Admirals War Chest Repeats MD Million Classic
- Winx Easily Wins Second Straight Cox Plate