Due to a serious tote system failure Saturday night, Woodbine Entertainment refunded all wagers from the final eight live standardbred races from Woodbine and over 60 races from the evening's simulcast menu.
Joseph Allen's homebred Ecclesiastic ended a 10-race losing streak when he swept past favored Old Forester in deep stretch to win the $111,600 Jaipur Handicap (gr. IIIT) by a head on the Belmont Park turf.
Sea Gull Associates' Toll Taker, the odds-on choice in a field of just three 3-year-old fillies, was all heart on the front end to finish a neck in front of Pleasant Lyrics in the $136,500 Boiling Springs Stakes at Monmouth Park Sunday.
Le Cinquieme Essai, with Steve Bahen aboard, held off longshot Tusayan down the stretch, to capture the $150,400 Connaught Cup Stakes (Can-III) Sunday at Woodbine.
Maylou Whitney and her husband, John Hendrickson, who won the grade I Belmont Stakes and Travers last year and the Kentucky Oaks in 2003, have hired Nick Zito assistant Reynaldo Abreu as their private trainer.
Thirty-seven stakes winners, including Cigar Mile (gr. I) champ Lion Tamer, were among the 48 horses entered for Monday's seventh annual Lone Star Million at Lone Star Park in Grand Prairie, Texas.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Hope Floats for Hoppertunity in Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Ashleyluvssugar, Texas Ryano Reunite in San Luis Rey
- Mastery to Claiborne Farm Upon Retirement
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Suffolk Downs Files Paperwork for Racetrack Sale
- Gun Runner Brings Consistent Class to World Cup Stage