The Blue Grass Farms Chaplaincy announced it has a new office located in the Crenshaw Building at 1450 North Broadway, #303, Lexington, KY 40505.
Though cases of strangles at Palm Meadows Training Center in South Florida appear to have been confined, the five positive tests for the equine bacterial infection set in motion a chain of events up and down the East Coast.
As the Evangeline Downs Racetrack & Casino prepares for its first Thoroughbred meet at its new facility, the track reported positive numbers for a 20-night Quarter Horse meet that concluded March 27.
Longtime Northern California racing steward Charlie Dougherty died March 25 at his home in Burlingame, Calif., because of congestive heart failure.
Trainer John Ward won't be caught up in the hoopla of Florida Derby (gr. I) week like he was in 2001 when Monarchos parlayed a victory in Gulfstream's premier event into a win in the Kentucky Derby (gr. I), but he did send three of his talented fillies for workouts Monday, each with potential for the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I).
Trainer Guy Walter achieved a rare group I trifecta in Sydney March 28.
A sizable chunk of Tom Simon's $50 million investment in Australia under his Vinery banner is to be liquidated with his southern broodmares dispersed in Sydney April 3. So there was indeed a splash of irony in that the Vinery head had his first Australian group I success at Randwick March 26.
Eremein's Australian Derby (Aust-I) victory confirmed he is indeed "the one" for his sire--as in even less than successful stallions can "get one good, even a great one."
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Sandford, Owner of Take Charge Indy, Dies
- Cathryn Sophia to Pioneerof the Nile in 2017
- Jose Ortiz Rides Five Winners at Aqueduct
- Arrogate Returns to Work Tab
- Gulfstream Set for Historic Championship Meet
- Doctor J Dub Breakthrough Horse for Antonucci
- Motion Hopes to Stay Hot in Matriarch