A colt by Yes It's True posted the fastest work for a quarter-mile under beautiful conditions during the March 19 Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's Selected 2-year-olds in training sale under tack show opener.
Trainer D. Wayne Lukas promised Consolidator would be a fitter horse for Saturday's $250,000 San Felipe Stakes (gr. I) at Santa Anita. The $1.25 million colt didn't disappoint, romping to a surprising, powerful victory for owners Robert and Beverly Lewis.
Lewis Lakin's Greater Good rallied from well off the pace to collar runaway pacesetter Rockport Harbor for a half-length victory in the $250,000 Rebel (gr. III) at Oaklawn Park.
Tracy Farmer's Sun King, sent off as the 1-20 wagering favorite in the $250,000 Tampa Bay Derby (gr. III) Saturday, showed some true grit while fending off a couple of challenges from the quarter pole to mid-stretch before pulling away to a 3 1/4-length victory.
Overbrook Farm's surging Cape Hope registered her fourth straight victory on the grass with a three-quarters of a length win in the $100,000 Herecomesthebride Stakes (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-old fillies at Gulfstream Park Saturday.
- By Dan Lauletta
The New York Racing Association plans to set up a detention barn for horses running in all races beginning with the opening of the Belmont Spring meeting on May 4.
Roses in May has filled trainer Dale Romans with confidence he'll leave Dubai with the world's richest horse racing prize, the $6 million Dubai World Cup (gr. I) on March 26.
Live Oak Plantation's High Fly, early favorite for the Florida Derby (gr. I) - Gulfstream's showcase event for 3-year-olds with Kentucky Derby aspirations - breezed five furlongs in 1:02 at the Palm Meadows training center Saturday morning.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- Imperative Repeats in Charles Town Classic
- Collected Impresses Again in Californian
- Multiplier Steps Up His Game in Illinois Derby
- Call To Mind Delivers Late Birthday Gift to The Queen
- Cloud Computing to Bypass KY Derby, Point for Preakness
- Gormley Works Smartly at Santa Anita
- Twisted Tom Takes Sloppy Tesio
- Finest City, Songbird Drill Toward Spring Starts
- Trio Zips On OBS Spring Sale's Final Under Tack Day