Personal Rush, a Kentucky-bred son of Wild Rush, raced 1 1/4 miles in track-record time of 2:02.8 to win Monday's Derby Grand Prix (Jpn-I) at Japan's Morloka racecourse.
Harness Tracks of America will hold its 27th annual equine art auction Friday, Oct. 8 through Saturday, Oct. 9 at Tattersalls sales pavilion in Lexington, Ky.
A red rose in full bloom, a surging Thoroughbred and jockey, and the Twin Spires are displayed on the official logo for the 131st running of the Kentucky Derby, which was unveiled Tuesday at Churchill Downs.
Jockeys in Indiana have been granted permission by the Indiana Horse Racing Commission to display the Jockeys' Guild patch on their riding pants, but corporate advertising won't be permitted.
Oak Tree Racing Association, which will hold its meet beginning Sept. 29 at Santa Anita Park, will offer a $1 pick five wager. It is believed to be a first, the racing association said.
- By Mark Popham
The British Jockey Club held disciplinary hearings the week for two cases but failed to make the main charges stick in regard to wagers made on horses through betting exchanges and bookmakers.
France Galop said Sept. 20 it's considering a proposal from its new president, Baron Edouard de Rothschild, who has suggested shortening the distance of the Prix du Jockey Club (Fr-I), the French Derby, from 2,400 meters (12 furlongs) to 2,100 meters (10.5 furlongs).
By the end of the Monday's session of the marathon Keeneland September yearling sale, the gross of $285,579,700 through seven days of selling surpassed the total receipts of $274,125,300 for all 12 sessions in 2003 and was already the second-highest in sale history.
- By Scott Davis
A mixed reaction greeted the first public presentation of the National Thoroughbred Racing Association Wagering System Task Force report Sept. 20, first day of the International Simulcast Conference in Miami Beach, Fla.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Saez to Ride J Boys Echo in Kentucky Derby
- Look Back: Justakiss, Ole Liz Win Divisions of Bewitch
- Syndergaard to Make 2017 Debut in William Walker
- Stewart to Train, Manage Latest Churchill Racing Club
- Derby, Oaks Notes From Churchill Downs, April 26
- High-Profile Owners Team Up to Buy Expensive Colt
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017