Sulamani, who had fallen from his perch as Godolphin's number one this year, regained a considerable amount of his luster Tuesday when he passed Norse Dancer with 120 yards to go and went on to win the Juddmonte International (Eng-I) at York.
Prairie Meadows Thoroughbred trainer Dick Clark claimed his 1,000th win on Aug. 17, highlighting a career that began 35 years ago in Nebraska.
Legislation allowing California Thoroughbred or fair associations to distribute signals from Canada, Australia and Canada and accept wagering from facilities across the state was signed Aug. 17 by Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger.
With three victories in three starts, and a combined winning margin of 28 1/2 lengths, Afleet Alex heads into Saturday's Hopeful Stakes (gr. I) with great promise.
The average price at Del Mar's yearling sale, $48,589, jumped a dramatic 40.8% over last year's figure and set a sale record Monday evening.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- Ancient Secret Scores in Lake George
- After 35 Years, Jockey Joe Steiner Retires
- Sweet Loretta Powers to Schuylerville Win
- McCarthy, Trainer of General Quarters, Dies
- Songbird Logs First Gallop at Saratoga
- Songbird Adds Star Power to Sunday's CCA Oaks