Master David is entered in the $250,000 Kent Breeders' Cup (gr. IIIT) on the Delaware Park turf Saturday. The 1 1/8-mile Kent has attracted a field of nine 3-year-olds.
Ask for the Moon, Lucifer's Stone, Sister Star and Super Bobbina have declined invitations to the $750,000 American Oaks (gr. IT) July 3, Hollywood Park Racing secretary Martin Panza said Wednesday.
Bay Meadows concluded its 2004 55-day spring meeting with increases in both on-track attendance and on-track handle, but overall handle declined by 4%.
Trainer Walter Bindner has a lot to smile about these days. First there is Stephen Foster (gr. I) winner Colonial Colony and now the return to training by Twin Lantern Racing Stables unbeaten Shiloh Bound.
Lakeside Farm's Colonial Colony, upset winner of the Stephen Foster Handicap (gr. I) is headed to Belmont Park to make his next start in the $500,000 Suburban Handicap (gr. I) on July 3.
Headed by defending champ Balto Star, a total of 27 older horses have been nominated to the $750,000 United Nations Handicap (gr. IT) to be run on July 3 at Monmouth Park.
The Grayson-Jockey Club Research Foundation is now selling two of Cot Campbell's popular equine books, with the profits going to veterinary research beneficial to the horse. Lightning in a Jar and Rascals and Racehorseswere published by Eclipse Press and provided at cost by the publisher.
The top three finishers from the June 5 Vodafone Epsom Derby (Eng-I)‹North Light, Rule of Law, and Let The Lion Roar, respectively‹are among 13 confirmed for Sunday?s Budweiser Irish Derby (Ire-I) at The Curragh racecourse.
West Point Thoroughbreds' Seattle Fitz, who posted impressive back-to-back victories in the (gr. III) Schaefer at Pimlico and the (gr. II) Brooklyn Handicap at Belmont, will skip the Suburban Handicap (gr. I) on July 3 and make his next start in the $750,000 Whitney Handicap (gr. I) on Aug. 7 at Saratoga.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Capps' Death is Big Loss to Louisville Equine Program
- Albarado Fractures Lower Leg, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Nichols Canyon Connections Pointing for Iroquois Bonus
- Spending Time With New Trainer Kent Sweezey
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Goldikova, Espinoza Among Hall of Fame Inductees
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- Brisk Activity Bodes Well for OBS Spring Sale