Thunder Gulch and Honour and Glory, both of whom stand at Ashford Stud near Versailles, Ky., and Virginia stallion Housebuster will shuttle to Argentina
The search for an executive director, jockey helmet issues are keeping members of the Kentucky Horse Racing Authority very busy.
The New York State Racing and Wagering Board has disciplined a trainer, assistant trainer, and veterinarian for two tranquilizers found in the system of Vagabond Saint following a second-place finish in the second race at Aqueduct April 14.
It has been almost 10 years since live racing was held at Bandera Downs, but the racetrack has acquired new owners.
- By Victor Ryan
A bankruptcy auction for Fair Grounds has been tentatively set for Aug. 16, pending approval of an amended bankruptcy plan that was scheduled to be filed by the New Orleans, La., racetrack June 23.
After talking to owner Roy Chapman Monday morning, trainer John Servis has mapped out a tentative plan for Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and Preakness (gr. I) winner Smarty Jones that includes the Haskell Invitational Handicap (gr. I), Pennsylvania Derby (gr. II), Pegasus Handicap (gr. III), and finally the Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I).
Newmarket, one of Great Britain's premier racecourses, has been forced to abandon plans, at least for a year, for the construction of an all-weather (dirt) track after it was offered only three fixtures for 2005 by the British Horseracing Board's Fixture Allocation Group.
Royal Ascot 2004 will above all be remembered for Attraction's latest thrilling front-running performance and the tremendous form of the Godolphin/Saeed bin Suroor/Frankie Dettori team.
Funny Cide gave his all, but he could not hold off the stalking Offlee Wild in a tremendous three-way stretch duel in the $500,000 Massachusetts Handicap (gr. II) Saturday at Suffolk Downs.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Arrogate Logs Final Pegasus Work
- Castellano Scores Fourth Straight Eclipse as Top Jockey
- Beholder Goes Out a Champion, Earns Fourth Eclipse
- Still in Tune, Songbird Earns Second Straight Eclipse
- Finest City Dazzles in Santa Monica
- California Chrome Named Champion Older Dirt Male
- Arrogate, Flintshire Power Juddmonte to Owner Eclipse
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season