Deputy Cures Blues made it look easy when she glided to the lead in Sunday's $130,875 Lady Angela Stakes at Woodbine, but fending off a stiff late challenge proved much tougher.
Gary Tanaka's Passinetti, a 7-year-old gelding who had been turned out for more than three years and was nearly given away to become a riding horse, became racing's resurrection story of this Easter season Sunday by winning the $400,000 San Juan Capistrano Handicap (gr. IT) at Santa Anita.
Canadian Broodmare of the Year Charming Sassafras was euthanized March 25 at the University of Guelph near Guelph, Ontario
Kelley's Day, dam of millionaire and Japanese leading sire Brian's Time, was euthanized April 15
Hennessy landed his first Australian group I win as his 4 year-old son Grand Armee raced to a brilliant 3 1/2 length victory in the $2.5 million (Australian funds) Doncaster Handicap on April 19.
Wonderful Honor zipped three eighths in :33 3/5 Saturday to post the fastest work at the distance during the fourth and final session of the under tack show for the Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's April sale of 2-year-olds in training.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Lady Shipman Stands Tall in Highlander
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Litfin at Large: The Mother Goose
- 'Ghost' Takes on Males in Queen's Plate
- Santa Anita Installs New Turf Course
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation