Trainer Bob Baffert said Stonerside Stable's Congaree, who set the pace in the Breeders' Cup Classic – Powered by Dodge (gr. I) before finishing fourth, will make his next start in the Cigar Mile Handicap (gr. I) Nov. 29 at Aqueduct.
Sheikh Maktoum's Storming Home, seventh as the 2-1 favorite in the John Deere Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT), had a chunk taken out of his right hind foot when he was involved in a bumping incident with Sulamani rounding the first turn.
The only thing in front of Ontheqt in Sunday's $159,900 Fanfreluche Stakes for 2-year-old fillies at Woodbine was the finish line.
Please Take Me Out set the pace and held off Bobbie Use in the final strides to win the $84,400 Miss Grillo Stakes on closing day Sunday at Belmont Park.
Cappuchino, with Jon Court in the irons, overtook Pass Rush at the quarter pole and went on to post a two-length triumph in Sunday's $165,450 Ack Ack Handicap (gr. III) over a sloppy track on opening day of the fall meet at Churchill Downs.
Ecurie Wildenstein's homebred Westerner, ridden by Dominique Boeuf, unleashed a powerful run down the straight to win the Prix Royal-Oak (Fr-I) at soggy Longchamp Sunday by 2 1/2 lengths over outsider Alcazar.
Jockey Alex Solis, who had two victories and one second on Saturday's Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships card at Santa Anita, was voted recipient of the inaugural Bill Shoemaker Award.
Even though Pleasantly Perfect's upset win in Saturday's $4 million Breeders' Cup Classic – Powered by Dodge (gr. I) puts trainer Neil Howard's retired colt Mineshaft securely in the driver's seat for Horse of the Year honors, the conditioner wasn't accepting congratulations Sunday morning.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Albarado Fractures Ankle, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Irad Ortiz Jr. Wins Aqueduct Riding Title
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- Dolphus Outruns Quality Field at Aqueduct
- Pricey Filly Tops OBS Pinhook Prospects
- J Boys Echo Breezes Five Furlongs at Churchill
- Stormy Liberal Wins Third Straight Stakes
- Imperative Repeats in Charles Town Classic
- Party Boat Upsets Fifty Five in Memories of Silver