Undefeated Lady Tak more than answered a question about her distance ability in outclassing the $100,000 Tiffany Lass Stakes field Sunday at Fair Grounds.
Benefiting from blinkers and the scratch of speedster Hombre Rapido, Argentine-bred Avanzado led from start to finish to win the $150,000 Palos Verdes Handicap (gr. II) at Santa Anita Park by more than four lengths on Sunday, covering six furlongs on a fast track in 1:07.85.
Whywhywhy, prepping for the Feb. 15 Fountain of Youth Stakes (gr. I) at Gulfstream Park, worked five furlongs on Santa Anita's fast track Sunday morning in a bullet :59.40, fastest of 22 drills at the distance.
Michael Tabor's Mayakovsky escaped a life-threatening injury in Saturday's $500,000 Barretts/CTBA Turf at Santa Anita.
Dogwood Stable's Hypnotist and jockey Jerry Bailey held off White Cat and Edgar Prado by a neck Sunday in winning the $75,000 Dave Feldman for 3-year-olds on the turf at Gulfstream.
Cyber Secret and Jean-Luc Samyn made every post a winner, taking the $82,500 Busanda Stakes on Super Bowl Sunday at Aqueduct.
Turfway Park's leading rider, Jason Lumpkins, won five races on Saturday's card, including the $50,000 Forego Stakes aboard Billy Tucker's Private Horde.
Owner Dan Borislow said Sunday that Toccet's ankles have shown marked improvement, and the colt definitely will be pointed toward the Kentucky Derby.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale
- Fast Uncle Mo Filly Tops F-T Midlantic Sale
- Friesan Fire Colt Tops Midlantic at $825,000
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- Possible NYRA Plan Concerns Saratoga Group
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Call for Support
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park