Wild Snitch powered past the field turning for home to capture the $100,000 Sorority Stakes (gr. III) for 2-year-old fillies at Monmouth Park on Sunday before a crowd of 13,332.
Saratoga Notebook: Medaglia d'Oro and Repent on Collision Course; Sky Mesa Healthy, Ward Hopeful; Lewis Ends Drought; Schulhofer Colt Put Down
There could be one or two more meetings between Travers (gr.I) stars Medaglia d'Oro and Repent in the next two months.
After two near misses in recent derbys, The Judge Sez Who came up with the right answer to take Sunday's grade III, $295,000 Oklahoma Derby at Remington Park.
Longshot Sabertooth took command early and was never headed while winning the $250,000 Longacres Mile Handicap (gr. III) by two lengths in an outstanding time of 1:34 3/5 Sunday at Emerald Downs.
The Judge Sez Who proved definitively he belongs in graded stakes company when he defeated a hard-charging and talented field to win the Oklahoma Derby (gr. III).
Came Home defeats older horses and War Emblem in winning the Pacific Classic, while an injury stops stablemate Bosque Redondo's career.
For the second straight year, Bohemia Stable's Shine Again captured the $250,000 Ballerina Handicap (gr. I) for fillies and mares with a narrow half-length victory over favored Raging Fever at Saratoga Sunday.
Luis A. Asistio's Kalookan Queen, the 3-5 favorite while packing high weight of 123 pounds, made it two in a row by powerfully taking the $150,000 Rancho Bernardo Handicap (gr. III), a 6 ½-furlong sprint for older fillies and mares at Del Mar Sunday .
The Illinois Racing Board enters a crucial decision-making month with new leadership that has no direct experience in any aspect of horse racing.
Graded stakes winner In Excessive Bull was represented by his first two winners Aug. 24 at Ruidoso Downs.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Museum to Become Home for Lukas Collection
- Wilkes Continues to Do Nafzger Proud
- Irish War Cry Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Grade 2 Winner Iliad Retired
- Thunder Snow Enters Quarantine at Churchill Downs
- Another Big Finish for McCraken in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Horseman Mike Johnson Knows a Good One in McCraken
- Practical Joke Rewards Breeders' Faith in His Dam
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby