Affluent, without Azeri in the field, gets the job done in the John C. Mabee/Ramona Handicap.
<b>Saratoga Notebook: Sunday Backstretch Buzz All About You; Medaglia Update; Gygistar Sizzles; Blazing Fury is Back</b>
Sunday morning, Saratoga's backstretch was buzzing about the dramatic stretch run of the Test on Saturday. Meanwhile, trainer Bobby Frankel said Medaglia d'Oro will likely run in the Jim Dandy, with Jerry Bailey aboard.
Heavy favorite Bear Fan cruised to victory in the $100,000 Fleet Treat Stakes for 3-year-old fillies at Del Mar Sunday, winning by a widening seven lengths.
Rene Douglas got the mount on the filly he wanted and completed a sweep of the weekend turf stakes as a result, winning the Office Wife Stakes Sunday in Chacago.
A field of nine, including an entry owned by Heinz Steinmann and trained by Mike Harrington, is set to go in Wednesday's $125,000 Graduation Stakes at Del Mar. The race, at 5 1/2 furlongs, is for 2-year-old males bred in California.
Sylelistick is the 122-pound top weight for Monday's $100,000 Lake George Stakes (gr. III) at Saratoga, heading an evenly matched field of 11 competitors.
You passes a demanding Test over Carson Hollow, highlight of a photo finish-filled weekend at the Spa.
Saratoga Notebook: Weight-y Matter; Medaglia's Plans Undecided; Shah is Haskell Bound; Volponi's Plans
Unhappy with the weights assigned for the Honorable Miss on Aug. 2, Gold Mover's trainer Mark Hennig said Saturday that his filly and champion Xtra Heat will not face each other in the race.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze
- Cathryn Sophia Gets Early Morning Workout
- Romans' Derby Pair Breezes at Churchill
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Familiar Four-Furlong Breeze for Weep No More
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses