Doc Holiday used front-running tactics to win Saturday's $106,500 Will Rogers Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Hollywood Park. The mild upset helped cause a $166,631 pick six carryover heading into Sunday's card.
Jockey John Velazquez was voted into the NTRA All-Star Jockey Championship to be held at Lone Star Park June 21 in an online poll conducted by ntra.com.
Champion Macho Uno returns with a vengeance, overcomes traffic problems to take MassCap.
Two Point Two Mill, a 67-1 longshot, won the $115,500 Louisville Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the Churchill Downs turf course Saturday but was disqualified for an incident in the stretch resulting in a dead heat for the win in the 1 3/8-mile feature race.
Tweedside held off favored Sweetest Thing and 13-1Golden Corona at the wire to win Saturday's $150,000 Sheepshead Bay Handicap (gr. IIT) by a nose at Belmont Park. The 4-year-old daughter of Thunder Gulch completed the 1 3/8 miles in 2:13.63 on a turf course rated "good."
Medaglia d'Oro and Perfect Drift both turned in sharp five-furlong works Saturday morning at Belmont Park and the Trackside training center, respectively.
Fierce partisan warfare over the state budget blocked a last-minute, controversial flurry of race track-related legislation in the final hours of the "regular" spring session of the Illinois General Assembly.
Partial paralysis of the larynx prevents maximal opening of the equine trachea. Affected horses can move air, but breathing noises occur, especially during exercise. The most common form of laryngeal paralysis is recurrent laryngeal neuropathy (RLN), which involves degeneration of the recurrent laryngeal nerve. The cause of RLN is unknown, but it seems...
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Conquest Mo Money Carries Local Hopes in Sunland Derby
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Classic Empire Back to Work in Ocala
- Gun Runner Brings Consistent Class to World Cup Stage
- Kitten's Cat Poised for Spiral Stakes
- Tamarando Retired, Will Stand at Harris Farms
- Mo Don't Know Named Ohio Horse of the Year
- Strong U.S. Contingent in Golden Shaheen