Terry Thompson, the leading rider of the current Oaklawn Park meet, was injured Saturday after falling from Fleet Boss during the track's fifth race.
Once again, Yougottawanna springs an upset over a talented runner from Bob Baffert's barn.
You again prevails over Habibti, this time in the Santa Anita Oaks.
Bedanken stalked the early pace, then edged clear in the stretch to earn her second straight Oaklawn Park stakes win in Saturday's $75,000 Honeybee Stakes.
Dream Run earns his first graded stakes victory in the Gulfstream Park Breeders' Cup Sprint Championship.
Ground Storm caught pacesetter Duckhorn in the stretch, then pulled away to a two-length victory in Saturday's $109,200 Stymie Handicap (gr. III) on the inner-track at Aqueduct.
Six-year-old gelding Seattle Chief must be feeling more and more like an Army brat. On Saturday, he earned his fourth straight win and for the fourth time this Gulfstream Park meet was claimed for $18,000.
$4.4 million yearling purchase Shah Jehan worked six furlongs Saturday in preparation for the $250,000 March 17 San Felipe Stakes (gr. II). Meanwhile, Fonz's is being prepared for a start in the April 6 Santa Anita Derby (gr. I).
Trainer John T. Ward Jr. is optimistic about Holy Bull (gr. III) and Fountain of Youth (gr. I) Stakes winner Booklet's chances in the $1 million, 1 1/8-mile Florida Derby following the colt's five-furlong breeze Saturday morning.
French Assault will miss Sunday's Louisiana Derby (gr. II) due to a gasto-intestinal virus, according to trainer Keith Desormeaux.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- Strike Charmer Bests Lady Eli in Ballston Spa
- Drefong Gallops Home to King's Bishop Score
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November
- Nyquist Begins Work for Pennsylvania Derby
- Calvin Borel Returns to Riding at Ellis Park
- Flintshire Dominant Again in Sword Dancer
- A.P. Indian Gets Second Grade I in Forego
- Cavorting on Top in Personal Ensign
- Haveyougoneaway Surges to Ballerina Win