Favored Lord Juban made his move on the last turn and notched a 1 1/4-length victory in the $75,000 Caltech Handicap on the grass at Gulfstream Park on Sunday.
Keeneland will begin registration Wednesday for a free online handicapping contest to coincide with its spring meet. The winner will be awarded $3,000.
Triple Crown winner Seattle Slew moved from Three Chimneys Farm near Midway, Ky., to Hill 'n' Dale Farm near Lexington on Monday.
U S S Tinosa tuned up for Saturday's Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) with a four-furlong work at Golden Gate Fields Sunday morning. Also working were stablemate Cappuchino, Medaglia d'Oro, Holdthehelm, Jack's Silver, Charioteer, Habibti, and Raven Power. Also, Patrick Valenzuela has been named to ride Mayakovsky in the Santa Anita Derby.
Laurel Park posted gains in total handle and export handle for its winter meet that concluded Saturday.
Santa Anita will offer a special "Derby Double" wager Saturday, with the two legs of the wager comprised of the Illinois and Santa Anita Derbys.
Magic Weisner took another successful step on his road to the Preakness (gr. I), winning Saturday's $50,000 Private Terms Stakes, the closing day feature at Laurel Park.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Centeno Recovering in Florida After Spill
- Making the Grade: Exaggerator's Belmont Shot
- Woodward, Hancock to Racing Hall of Fame
- Court Order Has Preciado Racing Again at Parx
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale