Favored Lord Juban made his move on the last turn and notched a 1 1/4-length victory in the $75,000 Caltech Handicap on the grass at Gulfstream Park on Sunday.
Keeneland will begin registration Wednesday for a free online handicapping contest to coincide with its spring meet. The winner will be awarded $3,000.
Triple Crown winner Seattle Slew moved from Three Chimneys Farm near Midway, Ky., to Hill 'n' Dale Farm near Lexington on Monday.
U S S Tinosa tuned up for Saturday's Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) with a four-furlong work at Golden Gate Fields Sunday morning. Also working were stablemate Cappuchino, Medaglia d'Oro, Holdthehelm, Jack's Silver, Charioteer, Habibti, and Raven Power. Also, Patrick Valenzuela has been named to ride Mayakovsky in the Santa Anita Derby.
Laurel Park posted gains in total handle and export handle for its winter meet that concluded Saturday.
Santa Anita will offer a special "Derby Double" wager Saturday, with the two legs of the wager comprised of the Illinois and Santa Anita Derbys.
Magic Weisner took another successful step on his road to the Preakness (gr. I), winning Saturday's $50,000 Private Terms Stakes, the closing day feature at Laurel Park.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Millionaire Grade I Winner Dads Caps Retired
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- A Travers Day Christmas Present
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Veitch's Suspension Sent Back to KHRC
- Flintshire Looking Strong for Sword Dancer
- OBS Numbers Plummet During Open Session
- American Dirt Records a Thing of the Past
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic
- Mohaymen Cuts Back to Sprint in King's Bishop