Sarafan's California connections take the winner's share in the Explosive Bid
Bella Bellucci passed all four of her Santa Paula Stakes rivals between the stretch call and the wire to earn a half-length victory in the $102,075 race for 3-year-old fillies at Santa Anita.
Julie Jalouse rallied from fifth-place under jockey Jose Santos to nip 13-10 favorite Sweetest Thing at the wire to win Sunday's $200,000 Orchid Handicap (gr. IIT) at Gulfstream Park.
Gary and Mary West's Donn Handicap (gr. I) winner Mongoose drilled five furlongs Sunday morning at Payson Park after which trainer James Bond said the son of Broad Brush is definite for Saturday's 1 1/4-mile Gulfstream Park Handicap (gr. I).
Tampa Bay Derby (gr. III) winner Equality will start next in the $250,000 Aventura Stakes on April 6 at Gulfstream Park, according to trainer Graham Motion.
Arthur I. Appleton's Bridlewood Farm, one of Florida's best-known Thoroughbred operations, will be placing more emphasis on commercial ventures and less on its private racing stable in the future.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Curlin Colt Sells for $350,000 at F-T October
- Cinco Charlie to Spendthrift Farm
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Tapit Colt Late Withdrawal from F-T Sale
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Malibu Moon Filly Sells for $300,000 at F-T
- Inside the Magical Kingdom of Ballydoyle
- Positive Start to Fasig-Tipton October Sale
- Mike Tirico to Host NBC's Prime BC Coverage
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic