Sarafan's California connections take the winner's share in the Explosive Bid
Bella Bellucci passed all four of her Santa Paula Stakes rivals between the stretch call and the wire to earn a half-length victory in the $102,075 race for 3-year-old fillies at Santa Anita.
Julie Jalouse rallied from fifth-place under jockey Jose Santos to nip 13-10 favorite Sweetest Thing at the wire to win Sunday's $200,000 Orchid Handicap (gr. IIT) at Gulfstream Park.
Gary and Mary West's Donn Handicap (gr. I) winner Mongoose drilled five furlongs Sunday morning at Payson Park after which trainer James Bond said the son of Broad Brush is definite for Saturday's 1 1/4-mile Gulfstream Park Handicap (gr. I).
Tampa Bay Derby (gr. III) winner Equality will start next in the $250,000 Aventura Stakes on April 6 at Gulfstream Park, according to trainer Graham Motion.
Arthur I. Appleton's Bridlewood Farm, one of Florida's best-known Thoroughbred operations, will be placing more emphasis on commercial ventures and less on its private racing stable in the future.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- U S Officer, Cool Arrow Set for Springboard
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- Trainer Davis Looks Forward to More Success
- Santa Anita Moves American Oaks to Dec. 31
- Northwest Stud Announces 2017 Stud Fees
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Track Maintenance Internships Being Offered
- Ward Joins Water Hay Oats Alliance