Sarafan's California connections take the winner's share in the Explosive Bid
Bella Bellucci passed all four of her Santa Paula Stakes rivals between the stretch call and the wire to earn a half-length victory in the $102,075 race for 3-year-old fillies at Santa Anita.
Julie Jalouse rallied from fifth-place under jockey Jose Santos to nip 13-10 favorite Sweetest Thing at the wire to win Sunday's $200,000 Orchid Handicap (gr. IIT) at Gulfstream Park.
Gary and Mary West's Donn Handicap (gr. I) winner Mongoose drilled five furlongs Sunday morning at Payson Park after which trainer James Bond said the son of Broad Brush is definite for Saturday's 1 1/4-mile Gulfstream Park Handicap (gr. I).
Tampa Bay Derby (gr. III) winner Equality will start next in the $250,000 Aventura Stakes on April 6 at Gulfstream Park, according to trainer Graham Motion.
Arthur I. Appleton's Bridlewood Farm, one of Florida's best-known Thoroughbred operations, will be placing more emphasis on commercial ventures and less on its private racing stable in the future.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Team Block relocating Fort Prado to Indiana
- Amid Gloomy Forecast, Illinois Sets Dates
- Goffs Orby Off to Solid Start
- Broadcast Honors for Santa Anita, NYRA
- Pompa, Brown Connect on Dirt in Pa. Derby
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita