French Satin set moderate fractions, then repelled a bid by Ease Ahead and Ciudad de Carson en route to a 1 3/4-length victory in Sunday's $150,000 Florida Oaks (gr. III) at Tampa Bay Downs.
Medaglia d'Oro wins the San Felipe Stakes, shaking up the West Coast 3-year-old scene.
Fourth choice Equality, bred and owned by Josephine Abercrombie's Pin Oak Stud, won the Tampa Bay Derby.
Though the Kentucky Derby future wager closed before Sunday's San Felipe was run, that race's likely favorite, Siphonic, was the favorite when pool two of the wager closed Sunday afternoon.
Both coming off extended layoffs, Mayakovsky outruns Saarland in the Gotham.
A Carson City colt zipped an eighth of a mile in :10 1/5 seconds, turning in the fastest work for that distance Sunday during the under tack show for the Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's March select juvenile auction.
Serena's Tune, the first foal from champion Serena's Song, won the March 16 Victoria Lass Handicap at Fair Grounds in her last start. She will be bred this spring to Storm Cat.
The Maryland Jockey Club reported a combined net income of $1,492,000 for Pimlico Race Course and Laurel Park for 2001, according to audited financial statements filed Friday with the state racing commission.
Amerman Racing Stables' No Slip rallied from last place in a five-horse field to win Saturday's $155,000 Golden Gate Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Golden Gate Fields.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- First Foal for Circumference is a Filly
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- Bahamian Squall's First Foal is a Colt
- Recalling World's Most Lucrative Races
- New York Lawmakers Question Cuomo's NYRA Plans